Sunday 5 September 2010

SAM ARCHER


For a few years now, I have been thinking of ideas of how my sister's memory could be useful in some way and after watching hours and hours of her home movies she left behind, I came up with the idea of promoting Sam's jovial personality and her adoration for her boxer Lucien Le chien otherwise known as Lulu. I have thought time and time again to myself that I just simply do not understand this general obsession for Hello Kitty. So if Hello Kitty can do it why can´t Sam and Lulu do it?
Sam and Lulu: as a wonderful duo with great catch phrases. I started by asking various artists to try an draw me this dynamic duo. The drawings I will up load later for people to vote their favourite logo. I have made test ideas for bags, cotton summer dresses, fridge magnet, T-shirts. I had also thought of aprons, oven gloves perhaps even dog accessories.
Instead of Sam´s death being a tragedy we can turn her memory into something joyful, uplifting.
I had originally thought of making the logo a trio with Sam, Ruby Rose and Lulu creating interest in this dynamic mummy with her lovable dog. But I didn't find enough photographic reference. Then someone told me that when Barbie was launched as a mother the idea did not take off.

Sam had great artistic talent that was dying to pop out and illuminate us, so that is what I am doing, sharing her hidden talents with you. I still have quite a few videos more to edit and up load. So please keep checking in for up dates.

People who know me say that when I have a bee in my bonnet I´m just like a dog with a bone!

Nathalie Archer.

No comments:

Post a Comment