Friday 1 April 2011

Benjami draws on apron as samples
























One of my ideas to use Sam says drawings. Watch Benja draw on some of the sample aprons I have had made up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YUKg9jUHgU
The idea is to make a kitchen range: Apron, tea towel and oven glove. All in a range of bright Sam colours. Then eventually other ideas such as trays, plate mats. I was suggested to do slippers. Who has any original slipper ideas? Could they be cooking slippers? So you don't stain your nice shoes when you're cooking. That's a SAMtastic idea.
You will see the different things that are being made over the next few weeks.
I bought fabric and accessories and have found 2 charities to make up some of the aprons and the tea towels to my specifications. They aren't all ready yet.

Other Benjamí Tous , Sam says drawings have been printed directly on plastified canvas and are also being sewn up (I will show you a few next week). These are quite expensive to make in small quantities. But are great as you can just sponge them down when food splashes on you.

I am having a few technical problems with printing as I need to print directly onto the fabric as I cannot have that adhesive print on a tea towel because it wouldn't be much use for drying anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment