Thursday 11 April 2013

Wow the things one learns from our friend FACEBOOK


Today is Thursday, 11th of April 2013. Yes, I am British and I like the date the way we British say it, with the day of the week, the day of the month and the year, in that order. Sorry, my dear American friends but I just cannot get used to your way of putting the month before the day of the week. Why do you have your calendar that way? Yes I know that we say Potatoes and you say Podados but logically first comes the day and after a day comes a month and after 12 months a year. I don't mean to offend but I just don´t understand?
Anyway,  lets forget about the date.  Thanks to Facebook I found out  that yesterday was National Siblings day. However I celebrate this day everyday of my life. But as I've just found out about the official Siblings day I just thought I would put my pennies worth and share a few old photos of Sam and I when we were kids with the most wonderful haircuts!!! Our French grand-mother used to love reading Point de Vue (a French gossip magazine about Royal Families) and she thought we ought to have the same hairdoo as Princess Margaret of Great Britain's daughter Sarah Armstrong Jones. You can see photos below of Sarah Armstrong Jones with her aunt Princess Anne and with her parents Princess Margaret and the Earl of Snowdon



Celebrate Your Siblings on April 10th!

If you are not an only child, then April 10th is a special day for you! It'sNational Sibling Day! Of course, our siblings might be celebrated in our hearts and minds every day, but how nice to have a holiday to remind us how important they are
Whether you have a love or hate relationship with your sibling, take a moment on April 10th to appreciate them for who they are and what they have meant to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment